Male or Female Who Earn More in Cinema ?

Huge disparity in salaries of male and female actors, reveals Priyanka
T
Actress Priyanka Chopra today said that a huge disparity exists in remuneration accorded to male and female actors in Bollywood, which she feels can be reduced only if women-centric films fares well at the Box Office.

"The male actors do get paid a lot more. There is a tremendous disparity in remuneration between male and female actors. The remuneration difference is insane as the disparity is big. I feel we have strong female performers, and the day female-oriented films do well at the box office it will lead to it (change in remuneration of female actors). "I think we will be able to command a remuneration that we deserve... It will be a slow and steady thing but it will happen," Priyanka said here.

Priyanka, however, expressed her happiness at the way actresses are being portrayed in films. "There is a huge change from the way female films are being made a decade back. Female-oriented films like 'The Dirty Picture', 'Kahaani' are doing well...There is an audience for (such films), which is great. It feels positive to see this," Priyanka said.

The actress interacted with adolescent girls associated with the 'Deepshikha' programme that is supported by UNICEF. Priyanka, who is a goodwill ambassador of UNICEF, has been taking special interest in empowering girls. The Deepshikha programme is aimed to strengthen adolescent and young women groups through imparting life skill, enterprise and networking skills.

"I am glad to be associated with UNICEF Deepshikha programme that aims at empowering the young girls of India. I feel girls should be given more opportunities to grow in their life... Girls have the ability to build their own future," Priyanka said. Priyanka revealed that her uncles were not in favour of her joining filmdom and she could enter films only because of her parents.

"Even my family was conservative... from my father's side there was discrimination between girls and boys. I was told that my dad had to be with me if I wanted to get into films.

My parents, who are doctors, did sacrifice and came to Mumbai to fulfil my dreams. I feel lucky that my parents have always supported me," Priyanka said. She feels that education is the key for women empowerment and girls be given a chance to stand up for what they want to do in their life and that girls and boys be treated equally.

Source :www.santabanta.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment